Poverty Alleviation and Peace and Order
- Employment generation and jobs placement
- Cooperative development
- Access to livelihood opportunities
- Strengthened partnership with law enforcement agencies
- Implement Rule of Law
- Setting up of an effective 911-type emergency response
- Efficiency in the collection efforts, increasing revenues without necessarily increasing or adding taxes.
- Strategic relocation of residents in high risk areas and informal communities, serving as the catalyst for the development of new growth areas.
Infrastructure and Investments
- Proper urban planning
- Enhancement of support infrastructures
- Balanced and equitable investment in infrastructure throughout the city
- Infrastructure support to establish new growth centers in the city
- Investments are well-directed to respond to the city’s growth and potentials
- Cagayan de Oro to serve as “The Hub”.
- Cagayan de Oro as a catalyst to regional growth
- Cagayan de Oro as the center of Northern Mindanao
Education and Environment Protection
- Cagayan de Oro to pursue and enhance its role as the educational center of Northern Mindanao
- Promote and develop eco-tourism
- To ensure the city’s sustainability by putting in place measures that will protect its natural environment, especially Cagayan de Oro and Iponan Rivers
- To institute solid waste, septage and wastewater management measures.
Health and Hospital Services
- One of the means of liberating the poor from the bondage of traditional politics is to upgrade the health and hospital services.
- Upgrade the JR Borja Memorial Hospital and strategic health centers.
- Provision of universal health insurance coverage for indigent families
- Effective farm to market road networks
- Availability of farm support implements
- Identify new markets for farm products
- Tying up with cooperatives to expand economic reach of farmers
- Increasing the productivity of the farmers and fisher folks
- Institute measures that will ensure sustained food security
Teamwork and Tourism
- Enhance competence of the bureaucracy
- Enhancing existing tourist destinations
- Development of new tourist spots
- Improvement and upgrading of traffic management capabilities
- Meaningful collaboration with all stakeholders in the effective and efficient delivery of social services
- Ensure engagement of all stakeholders in disaster risk reduction management and community-based climate change resiliency initiative